We are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join Acampora Interiors. We offer a unique opportunity to work in the interior design industry and to make an impact on a warm, entrepreneurial team where all ideas are valued.
Interior Design Assistant
Are you passionate about all things residential design and looking for a foundation in the industry? Acampora Interiors is looking for a proactive, well-organized Interior Design Assistant with excellent written and verbal communication skills to join our growing team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Interior Designer, this role will support essential operations relating to the lifespan of a design project, including project set-up, sourcing design inspiration, coordinating builder schedules, project management, installation prep, and essential administrative support. In the process, you’ll gain hands-on experience and foundational knowledge working at an interior design firm that manages projects of all size and scope, from a single-room refresh to a full-scale new build.
- Assist in sourcing design inspiration for secondary spaces
- Coordinate all builder logistics including corresponding with vendors to finalize quotes for tile, plumbing, decorative hardware, finishes, lighting, etc.
- Create tile and plumbing design boards for review
- Assist in sourcing fabrics and furnishings for secondary spaces
- Update floor plans, Sourcing Tracker and design boards with sourced items
- Support meeting prep by creating and polishing presentations, gathering meeting materials, and sending samples to clients in advance
- Support project management by inventorying project deliveries received by our design warehouse and coordinating vendor scheduling and logistics
- Attend site walks to assist with measuring and provide additional on-site support as needed
- Provide administrative support for design projects including (but not limited to) mailing and collecting samples, coordinating deliveries, and managing returns for any unneeded items post-installation
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with a self-starting attitude and the ability to anticipate project needs in advance. Additionally, she or he will have:
- Warm, positive, can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent follow-through abilities
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Comfort with multi-tasking
- Design degree and/or background in the design industry is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Sketchup
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of Blue Beam a plus, but not required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com.
Senior Interior Designer
You’re a seasoned interior designer with a focus in residential design and impeccable attention to detail. You have a warm, gregarious demeanor and the ability to multi-task effortlessly. You’re not only a team player, but a natural team leader who enjoys mentoring others and takes pride in building a sense of camaraderie. If this sounds like you, we want you to be our next Senior Interior Designer.
Acampora Interiors is looking for a Senior Interior Designer with excellent communication skills and a passion for residential design to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Founder & Principal Designer, the Senior Interior Designer will serve as the face of residential design projects. You’ll act as the primary point of contact for clients, builders, architects and subcontractors alike, guiding each project one step closer to the finish line.
The ideal candidate will be polished and professional with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, s/he will be a natural problem-solver, undaunted by issues that arise, and able to communicate those issues to the team clearly while pivoting to find solutions.
- Measure spaces on-site, establish budget, scope and timeline, and create initial floorplans.
- Establish design direction in consultation with the Principal Designer, compile design inspiration and present to the client, together with the Principal Designer.
- Source all building items related to a project, including tile, plumbing, decorative hardware and paint colors.
- Source all design elements and determine pricing related to major spaces, create design boards and update floorplans with design selections accordingly.
- Review and send all client proposals and fund requests.
- Manage scheduling for all client-facing meetings, create framework for project installation, and attend site walks with vendors.
- Attend and contribute to design team and build team meetings, site walks and site measures, and paint site walk with the Principal Designer.
- Manage logistics related to project installation, including preparation, installation of furnishings, and styling at project photoshoot.
- Oversee multiple associate designers working on a variety of projects; provide feedback and identify opportunities to create greater efficiency as needed.
The ideal candidate will be a natural team leader with:
- Minimum of 3–5 years of experience in interior design
- Knowledge of design processes, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections
- Warm, positive, can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with professional polish
- Ability to lead, manage, and motivate a small team, delegating when needed.
- Prowess in both multi-tasking and problem solving
- Experience with Revit, SketchUp and CAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Bluebeam a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Ivy a plus, but not required.
Please note: Acampora Interiors maintains office space in both Wellesley Hills, MA and Framingham, MA. This role will require light local travel in and around the Greater Boston area.
To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.