We are looking for passionate, talented individuals to join Acampora Interiors. We offer a unique opportunity to work in the interior design industry and to make an impact on a warm, entrepreneurial team where all ideas are valued.
Interior Design Assistant
Are you passionate about all things residential design and looking for a foundation in the industry? Acampora Interiors is looking for a proactive, well-organized Interior Design Assistant with excellent written and verbal communication skills to join our growing team.
Reporting directly to the Senior Interior Designer, this role will support essential operations relating to the lifespan of a design project, including project set-up, sourcing design inspiration, coordinating builder schedules, project management, installation prep, and essential administrative support. In the process, you’ll gain hands-on experience and foundational knowledge working at an interior design firm that manages projects of all size and scope, from a single-room refresh to a full-scale new build.
- Assist in sourcing design inspiration for secondary spaces
- Coordinate all builder logistics including corresponding with vendors to finalize quotes for tile, plumbing, decorative hardware, finishes, lighting, etc.
- Create tile and plumbing design boards for review
- Assist in sourcing fabrics and furnishings for secondary spaces
- Update floor plans, Sourcing Tracker and design boards with sourced items
- Support meeting prep by creating and polishing presentations, gathering meeting materials, and sending samples to clients in advance
- Support project management by inventorying project deliveries received by our design warehouse and coordinating vendor scheduling and logistics
- Attend site walks to assist with measuring and provide additional on-site support as needed
- Provide administrative support for design projects including (but not limited to) mailing and collecting samples, coordinating deliveries, and managing returns for any unneeded items post-installation
The ideal candidate will be a quick learner with a self-starting attitude and the ability to anticipate project needs in advance. Additionally, she or he will have:
- Warm, positive, can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with excellent follow-through abilities
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Comfort with multi-tasking
- Design degree and/or background in the design industry is preferred, but not required
- Experience with Sketchup
- Basic knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Knowledge of Blue Beam a plus, but not required
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com.