You’re an interior designer with a focus in residential design and impeccable attention to detail. You have a warm, gregarious demeanor and the ability to multi-task effortlessly. You’re a team player who’s willing to go the extra mile to bring a project to the finish line. If this sounds like you, we want you to be our next Associate Interior Designer.
Acampora Interiors is looking for an Associate Interior Designer with excellent communication skills and a passion for residential design to join our growing team. Reporting directly to the Principal Interior Designer, the Associate Interior Designer will serve as the engine that runs our small- to midsize design projects, from the inspiration phase to the post-project audit. You’ll oversee the execution of every last detail related to a client project, serving as the point-person for vendors and subcontractors.
The ideal candidate will be polished and professional with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Additionally, s/he will be a natural problem-solver, undaunted by issues that arise, and able to clearly communicate those issues to the team while pivoting to find solutions.
- Determine scope, budget, and timeline for small to midsize design projects.
- Create initial floor plans to review with the Senior and Principal Interior Designers.
- Assist the Senior Interior Designer in determining scope, budget, and timeline for large design projects.
- Compile inspiration images and pin design inspiration to internal and external Pinterest boards. Create inspiration presentation boards.
- Coordinate the sourcing of tile and plumbing (including obtaining quotes, lead time estimates, and drafting and finalizing plumbing and tile design boards).
- Assist in sourcing for additional select rooms and items as advised by the Senior Interior Designer.
- Assist in drawing floor plans and furniture plans as advised by the Senior Interior Designer.
- Gather samples and preliminary and firm quotes. Create and manage design boards.
- Manage the project sourcing trackers for sourced, presented, and approved items. Work with the Purchaser to confirm which items need to move to the proposal phase.
- Create and manage builder schedules, including, but not limited to: plumbing, tile, lighting, finish, paint, stone, door hardware, window treatment, and decorative hardware.
- Select paint colors for all secondary spaces and select key areas as advised by the Senior Interior Designer.
- Assist the Senior Interior Designer in developing the installation timeline and work with all vendors, subcontractors, and team members to ensure the project moves according to the schedule.
- Manage installation prep, including compilation of installation guide binders, confirmation that all items are ready for installation, preparing bedding and accessories, and packing the installation bin.
- Attend and assist installation, including wallpaper installation, lighting delivery, rug and runner installation, window treatment installation, and full house installation.
- Work with the team to close out the project, determine what items are to be returned, compile the final financial review, and present the final report to the Senior and Principal Interior Designers.
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and communicative team player with a proactive, positive, and can-do attitude and a high attention-to-detail and time-management skills.
- Minimum of 2–3 years of experience in residential interior design
- Knowledge of design processes, including FF&E, specifications, finish and material selections
- Warm, positive, can-do attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with professional polish
- Prowess in both multi-tasking and problem solving
- Attention-to-detail and time-management skills
- Willing to jump in, learn, and think critically and outside the box
- Experience with Revit, SketchUp, and CAD
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google suites
- Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Bluebeam a plus, but not required.
- Experience with Ivy a plus, but not required.
Please note: This role will require travel in and around the Greater Boston area and throughout New England.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.